Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Welcome!

This is my first post on "Tea and Stitches". My first stitches were done in embroidery. I find it the most soothing of all the handwork that I do. Sometimes I can just get "lost" in time when I am doing embroidery. Seeing the design come to life is what it must be like to be able to paint a scene or a portrait. I have tried painting. I can see what I want in my mind but it doesn't come out quite the same on canvas. Working with fabric and threads are the canvas and paints that work best for me!
So what is "Tea and Stitches" going to be? Well, we will see. My plan is to post on the first Wednesday of each month. I'll share my thoughts on tea, stitches, little goodies that will go along with the tea and a little stitchery pattern (free) each month!!
I will add more later this afternoon when I have time for tea but right now I am off to do some volunteering. This is such a busy time of the year!!
Sandi

5 comments:

Christina said...

I look forward to it.

Gretchen said...

I'm looking forward to your Tea and Stitches monthly posting. Do you think I will be lucky enough to have signed up correctly to be able to leave messages and not have them floating around in cyberspace? Gretchen

Val said...

Oh I so hope that you will be giving some tutorials on embroidery. This is something that I want to learn so bad. Please please please. I don't know anything about it.

The Teacup Cottage said...

Yeah! The wait is OVER! I am so excited! I was a cross stitcher first, and only recently learned embroidery from on online class. I may stop by to ask you questions!

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Wonderful, Sandi! One more thing to look forward to each month, with a cup of tea of course! My favorite is Gevalia English Breakfast.

MGM

A little stitching poem.........

This little poem was written for one of my beginning quilting students - only 8 years old but her stitches were those of a natural seamstress!

For Bailey Anne . . . .
When this you see, think of me.
Sit down and have a cup of tea.
Then place your quilt upon your lap,
begin to stitch . . . no time to nap!
Stitch patiently and you will see . . .

how fine a quilter you can be!

©1999-2008 Sandra E. Andersen